- Views248 times
- Answers6 answers
Hey MyListing Team!
You guys are doing a fantastic job with MYL and the constant updates are fantastic. Recently while working on my own site I discovered a few tweaks that I’m sure many would appreciate in this great community, I’d like to throw them out there and see what can be done:
- Being able to Customize the “No Result” from a search, including changing the sad face icon. Being able to put in something like “Our services are expanding all the time, we’ll be in your area shortly” and an icon relevant to our listing niche would have a more positive result or even showing related listings underneath that message.
- The ability for users to turn their listings on and off. This is especially important for service based listing sites
(Eg, Tutoring) where the user may only want to offer their services for a limited time but doesn’t want to lose their entire profile and all their information. I believe this to be a very important feature 😉
- Being able to add greater areas of text explanations and a Terms & Conditions checkbox at the end of a listing creation. This is to both help the user signup process (section descriptions are too small and everything looks squeezed in) and confirm that they have read and understood the T&C’s of using the site.
- The ability to add to the basic icons list. Some good generic icons in there but not too helpful with more niche sites.
- For service based listing sites it would be nice to allow a user to enter their address but on the map it only shows a general location with a circle around it, so as to not specifically give away a persons address.
- Different payment integrations (Paypal, Stripe etc)
- Some sort of sorting mechanims of Tags, Region and Categories so that they display as intended (alphabetically, as entered etc)
Few things there guys but I think Point#2 & 5 are most important. Hope this helps.
EDIT: Can we also PLEASE remove the post approval process in the MyListing FB Group? It’s already a closed group with members who have bought the theme and having an approval process really limits the ability to get help in a timely manner. I know I’ve had to wait 24+ hours before just to get approved and it can be frustrating waiting when someone could answer quite quickly. I believe this benefit of instant posting and the follow on help will greatly outweight the time taken to delete unwanted posts and everyone would appreciate it.