A great way to setup your directory site is to get a replica of the demo, then edit it until it matches your requirements. The only downside of this method is that once you import the demo, it will reset your username and password to “admin”, since the whole database is migrated to your site.
You can easily grab any of the demos, by following these steps:
- Install All-in-One WP Migration plugin
- Navigate to “All-in-One WP Migraton > Import” in the admin menu
- Choose the “Import from file” option, and select one of the demo files present in the theme package (e.g. mycity.wpress).
- Proceed with the import. Once it’s completed, navigate to “Settings > Permalinks”. At this point, it will log you out automatically, but you can log back in using username: admin and password: admin
- Navigate to “Settings > Permalinks” and click on “Save Changes”. Do this twice.
- Go to “Elementor > Tools” in the admin menu, and click on “Regenerate Files” button.
- Go to “Users > Your Profile” and change the password from “admin” to something secure.
- That’s it.
VIDEO: Importing “MyCity” demo in just a couple of minutes.
If the upload percentage is stuck and unresponsive. There’s an alternative way of uploading the demo using FTP
Upload the mycity.wpress file (or the demo file you need) to wp-content/ai1wm-backups then login to wp-admin > All in One WP migration > backups and restore using the backup
Next go to settings > permalinks and hit save twice
Finally go to Elementor > Tools > regenerate files. And that should be it.